I can’t even quite remember how the conversation started…. I think I was talking about buying an old truck and restoring it. My job had been wearing me out, and I was looking for something to do at home in my off time.
4 days later we’re in Small-Town Tennessee, 6 hours from home, buying a used 2005 Sprinter van. We had done research as exhaustive as we could have in the time allotted – and the internet is a vast and deep place to dig for information. I relied on my mechanical abilities, some luck, and “just do it” moxie.
Good or bad – we bought this van, and it came home with us.
Why are we here, writing another damn Van blog?
- We want to chronicle the build, turning our van into a Family Road-Home
- When complete, we want to document our travels for our friends and families
- Pass on knowledge we gain, good and bad, about making this happen.
- Maybe we inspire others to drop the shackles and live some adventure?
Future posts will detail:
- How we chose this van, this style, and this particular one.
- What are we planning on doing anyway?
- The basic work needed to get the van ready for “conversion”